Weight Certifications will take place on November 8 at Blake High School. We will meet at Whitman at 11:45 and leave as a team on a bus for Blake High school. We should be back by 1:45.
Listed below are links to the permission slip and links to some information for wrestlers and parents.
Included is plenty of information about what this is and how the physicians determine a wrestlers “certified weight.” There is also plenty of information on what each wrestler can do to help make sure that they do get properly certified (i.e. by being hydrated).
Please note that each wrestler attending will need to have the Parent Permission Form with them on the day of the weight certifications.
If you’d like all the documents in one zipped file — here you go.
- Parent Permission Form — MCPS Wrestling Weight Certification — you must fill this out and have it with you the day of the certifications. [RTF 39KB]
- Letter from William G. Beattie, Ph.D. Director Systemwide Athletics regarding the weight certification process — Gives time and place information as well. [RTF 74KB]
- Memo from MCPS — 2008–09 Weight Certification for MCPS Wrestlers — Procedures [RTF 875KB]
- Frequently Asked Questions: A Guide for Parents and Wrestlers Wrestling Weight Certification Process [RTF 1.5MB]
- Wrestling Weight Certification Options/Appeals [RTF 57KB]
- Wrestling Weight Certification Hydration Tip Sheet [RTF 78KB]